Monday, May 31, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
This is the locket that my daughter had picked out for me, this means a lot to me because ever since I became a mother I have wanted one!
These are the pink roses that my oldest son picked out for me. How sweet my 5 yr old son knows that his mommy only likes pink roses! He did good.
Monday, May 10, 2010
1. What has been your most memorable Mother's Day? (with your mom, as a mom, or with your wife)
I would have to say my very first mothers day as a mom, when my husband wrote letters from my step sons and our daughter and made me breakfast in bed, and then dinner also. That was the best one of them all.
2. Have you ever been pulled over for speeding and were you able to talk your way out of it?
I have a perfect driving record, no tickets on my record
3. What's the oldest thing you have hanging in your closet?
the baptisim outfit that has been in my family for about 30 years
4. Do you whiten your teeth?
5. Underwear or Panties..What do you call your "unmentionables"?
thats a little personal
6. If you could go on vacation right now..today..where would you go?
to my home town to see my gmas grave
7. Do you get offended when people cuss on their blogs?
8. If you had to give up one luxury item, it would be....?
my cell phone
Friday, May 7, 2010
|WORM DIRT CAKE|
1 to 1 1/4 lb. pkg. Oreo cookies
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
3 cups milk
1 (12 oz.) tub Cool Whip (can use chocolate)
2 (3 1/2 oz.) pkg. instant vanilla or chocolate pudding
1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 gummy worms and/or other critters
Crush Oreos. Put 1/3 of the crushed Oreos into a new, clean flower pot. Set aside.
Mix butter, cream cheese and sugar and vanilla together. Set aside.
Combine milk and pudding mix. Fold Cool Whip into the pudding.
Fold together pudding mixture and butter-cream cheese mixture.
Layer this mixture (about 1/3 of it) onto the crumbled cookies in the pot. Next, add another layer of the pudding mixture, then another layer of cookie crumbs, continuing until all ingredients are used.
As you're layering the ingredients, decoratively place several gummy worms and critters in the "soil" so they will be seen emerging. If you have a toy (clean) garden trowel, a plastic daisy, or some edible flowers, these can also be used creatively to embellish the presentation.
Chill in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours before serving.